Properly bred, a black and tan/cream longhaired miniature dachshund will demonstrate the elegance of the dachshund breed. Unfortunately, due to poor media representations and breeding practices, the breed’s elegance is often missed. However, when the opportunity to see a good one comes along, their beauty is obvious and outstanding.
Some highlights about black and tan/cream miniature longhaired dachshunds:
- They have ½ the IVDD risk of their smooth counterparts.
- They have ¼ the cancer risk associated with cream dachshunds.
- Bred properly, they have gorgeous, natural coat gloss, which minimizes coat care.
- Their contrasting markings support expression and communication.
- They are genetically low shedders.